July 18, 2024

Battery Monitor PowerTool

This page provides documentation about the Battery Monitor PowerTool implementation.
It is a Work-In-Progress

Problem Description

I have poor experience regarding laptop battery health mostly because I leave my laptop constantly plugged in, even if it is fully charged, because I forget to unplug it.


Also with Windows 11 on my laptop I have missed a couple of times the low battery warning (see screenshot below) and got my PC shut down in the middle of my work/ meetings because of it.



Solution

This problem shall be easily monitored with a small tool implemented in AutoHotkey.

The tool shall monitor the battery state and display a clear warning when it gets low and isn't charged and when it is full and charging.

The implementation shall be done with AutoHotkey v2.

YouTube Playlist

Implementation

Files are available in GitHub repository: https://github.com/tdalon/PowerTools


Key monitoring part



References: 

Adding Autostart functionality and change systray icon

TODO

Systray icons for warning status

Better notifications

Threshold as parameters in settings

Usage / Documentation

TODO

No comments:

Post a Comment