February 2, 2023

Goodreads view my reading progress

I share here a workaround to view past progress updates in Goodreads.

Problem description

I had to change my Kindle and lost then my progress tracking (last page read) of the books I was currently reading (for the books I synchronized with Calibre, else Amazon knows as well for the synced books.)

Luckily I have tracked the progress in Goodreads. Now I struggled to find how to view it.

I have found the question here (but not the solution):
  

Tutorial

Open the book in Goodreads

Click on "Edit my Activity"

On the top of the Activity page, in the navigation breadcrumb, click on the Review link:

Then you can view the reading progress:

Strangely the url syntax is a bit weird. I would have expected to go from Activity to Reading progress with the same book id, replacing 'edit' by 'show'. 
https://www.goodreads.com/review/edit/23164946 <- BookId
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/3262386254 <-??

The show url looks different and does not use the Book Goodreads Id. So it isn't possible to build a shortcut for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment