June 19, 2024

Generate Calendar Events from Email Program description using AI

I share here the use of AI for a practical use case to get events from an email into my calendar.

Screencast


Scenario

Getting a birthday week-end program abroad with multiple events at different locations by email

I want to have this program in my calendar with the precise location so I can easily navigate to them.

Solution

Preparation

Copy / paste Email to Google doc and save as PDF for rich text format / links (only PDF file type supported) to import / no gdoc or word.

ChatGPT Trial

ChatGPT Free license: limited "data analysis" -> can not iterate on ics file generation

Perplexity.ai Trial

Learning: Prompting : Always precise in the question what the output shall be (update ICS file) 
Perplexity.ai
Weird: answer in French because input file was in French but question in English

No comments:

Post a Comment