July 27, 2023

RIP Milan Kundera

Milan Kundera passed away on 11th of July 2023. He is one of my favorite novel writer. 
If you don't know his work, I highly recommend it.

I have discovered Kundera in my youth: around 1995/ my twenties.

Favorites Books



I loved all the novels by Kundera. If I had to pick one, I think I would go for L'Immortalité. I also much loved La Valse aux Adieux.
Of course L'insoutenable légèreté de l'être also impressed me.

From his later works I much like La Lenteur.

I also like his essays Les Testaments trahis and especially L'art du roman.

You can view my goodreads read and ratings about Kundera here.

I was very happy that Kundera was French and wrote in French/ revised the translation of his early works.

Merci beaucoup Milan, wherever you are now, for your contribution to this world and the great time I had spending reading your work. ❤ You won't be forgotten.

Resources about Kundera

RadioFrance: Podcasts L'art du roman

Milan Kundera - Odyssée des illusions trahies - Regarder le documentaire complet | ARTE

(Whoever want an exemplar of the Rideau to pick up in Regensburg can contact me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment