December 14, 2021

Outlook: Automatically Mark Appointment As Private (VBA)

I would like when becoming an appointment sent from my personal Google Calendar or containing some keywords like the firstname of my children to have them marked in my work Outlook as private automatically.
I explain here how I have achieved this using some VBA code.

VBA Implementation

This is inspired by this post 2 Quick Tips to Auto Mark Specific Incoming Meetings as Private in Outlook - Data Recovery Blog.

Main function

Note in the code the condition checking the on behalf Email address.

ThisOutlookSession Trigger

In the ThisOutlookSession you can setup that all incoming meeting request are checked automatically as shown below.

This function is available in my Github/outlook-vba repo under the Appointment module.

See also

2 Quick Tips to Auto Mark Specific Incoming Meetings as Private in Outlook - Data Recovery Blog

Outlook Trap: Get Real Email of Meeting Organizer (VBA) | Thierry Dalon's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment