February 24, 2023

Microsoft Stream Playlist: Filter by Tags

I have struggle with building playlists for Microsoft Stream on SharePoint based on a tag attribute. I share here my experience.

Use Case/ Scenario description

I use Microsoft Stream to store video training materials.
I would like to be able to create, display playlists for these video materials based on some tags assigned to each video.
I would like to filter by tags with some logic like is taggeds with "jira" but not tagged with "news" for example or "internal".

Current situation

The way to create playlist for Stream on SharePoint is to create a page in SharePoint using the Highlighted content web part (in short HCWP)




Unfortunately the tag TaxonomyFieldTypeMulti is not supported by the basic filter. (what is Contains or Equal for a multi select field?)
And it is not possible to negate a Contains or Equal.

Missing feature

I am missing in the User Interface the built-in functionality to be able to filter videos by tags with AND, OR, NEQ combinations using the basic filter i.e. without having to program a custom query in CAML or KQL.

Solution with CAML or KQL?

I would have to look for how to implement such a Query. 
Anyone who already knows? Please comment below.

See also

Featuring a set of videos on a page - Microsoft Stream | Microsoft Learn

No comments:

Post a Comment