January 25, 2021

PowerToys - Great Windows 10 Utilities

PowerToys are great Windows Utilities provided by Microsoft and Open Source.
I share here resources and my key take-aways about them.

Setup

Download : https://github.com/microsoft/PowerToys/releases/ (You can watch for new Releases)

Tutorial


Direct Link to YouTube video

Feature Highlights / My Usage


I don't use the PowerToys Run utility because I use Executor which covers it and allows much more.
Some features requires Windows 10 v1903 (still on 1809)

Fancy Zones


Drag a Window and press the Shift key to see your zones and then drop the window into one.
Press and hold the Control key while dragging the window to select multiple zones.

I have a custom zone for when I share my screen with my video and the chat window.

Shortcuts Guide

Long press the Windows key to show the shortcuts overlay.

See also

Executor: My preferred app launcher


No comments:

Post a Comment